Sunday, February 12, 2006

14 Day Writing Project: Lincoln breaths

I've been assigned a 14 day writing project for my capstone that I started today. There's no real structure to the assignment . . . just write something everyday for 14 days. I don't think there even has to be some sort of common thread to what you write, as long as you don't take a break in those two weeks. Although she (Margaret Luongo) encourages us to have some sort of consistency in the pieces. Seeing as my creative writing major has a focus on poetry, I've chosen to write 14 poems in 14 days (so creative). Here's the first of the plus one baker's dozen. If Andrew can explain the process of recording voice on my blog to me I might even attach a reading or two in here as well (which would be both terrifying and fantastic). Keep in mind that since these are (relatively) hastily written they haven't had much time for editing. Maybe that'll come in the next two week segment. Enjoy Lincoln breaths:





Lincoln lifting coffin lids
of his dead children
Washington spiritualist movements
rapping on the kitchen table
take your decongestant and inhale through your noc
and fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffaint from forgetting to repeat
taxidermists
don’t use
my skin
my elbow skin is perffffffffectly in tact
tracks
tax
sharp breaths
scharp
scalping and ffffffffffffffinger decorations
coffin lids coughing
what jokes before your dead grandfather dies from diabeatess

No comments: